Free Nursing Care Information

Please log-in / register to view the forum properly.
Please remember that registration requires the use of email validation.
Thank You Admin Team
Free Nursing Care Information

Forum to assist all patients to obtain NHS care 'free at the point of need' which has been the statutory right of every resident British citizen since the 1946 National Health Service Act became law.

Sad News - Stephen Johnson

Alien Pirate

Sad News - Stephen Johnson

Post by Alien Pirate on Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 7:55

Dear Forum Members

it is with great sadness that I have to inform you that one of the mainstays of fighting for the rights of Care in the community passed away last Thursday at the age of 53. Stephen Johnston had been slowly coming to terms with the death of both his mother and Brother after finally winning his case and died in his sleep -

As a friend and fellow man of principle he will be a loss to all that knew him.

Jim Allen

Re: Sad News - Stephen Johnson

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 10:04

Very sad news,

our thoughts and prayers are with stephen on his final journey

Mick & Family R.I.P Stephen

Post by Guest on Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 11:13

I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news.

My condolences.
    Rest in peace Stephen.

S/V

Esquires

Post by Esquires on Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 14:05

It is with great shock and distress that I have just learned of Stephen's passing as I spoke to him only a few days ago when he seemed to be in good spirits. I have known Stephen for some years and met him in person at the 'nhs continuing Care Campaign' inaugural meeting at the Bristol Hilton. He kept in regular touch with myself and several other compaign and forum members and was apparently planning to commence legal action against the NHS for the way they had treated HIM! He was of course responsible for setting up this forum and the website at my request and I will assume responsibility for the latter. I will endeavour to obtain details of his funeral arrangements and place an announcement here as some of his many friends may wish to attend.
    Stephen was a large man in both stature and spirit and his epitaph is clear to all who knew him: He went down fighting! Steve

ian

Post by ian on Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 23:27

Hello Everyone,

I never knew Stephen personally but admired his great courage over the time I have been involved in CHC research and work. He has suffered greatly from the actions of those who have been against him. He never stopped fighting for justice. May I too express my condolences. May he find peace now at last.

Very kind regards Ian

bodecia2007

Post by bodecia2007 on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 11:25

What such sad news comrades. Stephen worked long and hard with great determination for his brother's right for full funding. He won in the end and this is what we must remember him for. My condolences to his family.

fury5081

sad news -stephen johnston

Post by fury5081 on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 13:53

Lots of respect for Stephen, my thoughts are with his family and friends

Fury 5081

juwi

Post by juwi on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 16:15

I can't add any more to what others have said, but, after countless hours of internet searching, it was through finding out about Stephen's work on behalf of his brother that I was both encouraged and enabled to battle, with limited success, on behalf of my mum. I expect that there are many others, like me, who owe him so much. My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace,

battleworn

Post by battleworn on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 0:57

What a lovely man. He will be sorely missed. He gave me the will to carry on the fight with his refusal to give up or give in, even after losing, brother, girlfriend and mother within a few short years. What a bright beacon for the continuing care campaign he was! Please let us know the date,time and place of the funeral as soon as known.

fimac4

Post by fimac4 on Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 12:17

So sorry to hear this sad news. He was a brave and courageous man and he will be greatly missed both by his family and for those of us who witnessed his long fight for justice for his brother and for everyone who was and is being treated unfairly by the NHS.
    He won his fights as he went on and no doubt would have won many more, but at great personal cost to his own health.
    Thinking of his family.
    Fimac4

Esquires

Post by Esquires on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 15:30

Message received from Sophie Johnson (Stephen's Daughter)

Hi all,

If anyone is able to attend Stephen's funeral its being held on Wednesday 18th April at Walton Lea Crematorium, Chester Rd, Higher Walton, Warrington, WA4 6TB, at 13.40. You're all welcome.

Regards,

Sophie Johnson.

wendy

Post by wendy on Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 21:25

I have only just heard about Stephens death. He was a good friend to us on Chill4usCarers, at one time he stood in as a moderator for us for several months.
    He was a good friend, and I will think of his family.
    Stephen worked very hard for years trying to help other people, so they would not have to go through the torment that he went through.
    I am sad to think he died so young.

wendy

Post by wendy on Tue 20 Nov 2012 - 19:36

Does anyone have contact details for his daughters, I would like to write to them.
    please pm me if you do.
    thanks
    Wendy

Current date/time is Fri 18 Apr 2014 - 10:34